Thursday, December 3, 2009

Merry Christmas






This is my favorite/least favorite time of year. I love the Christmas season. I love everything it encompasses. The giving, the baking, friends, family, remembering the birth of our Savior, service, Christmas songs, decorating the tree, hot chocolate on cold nights and so much more.

But December 18th is still a hard day. My sweet little sis would have been seven. Crazy to think she was just three when she died.
We still miss her very much. The little girls always ask about her and the things she liked. Jacie is so much like her big sis. I just wish she could remember her.

In case you are wondering about the My Little Buttercup song before the Christmas songs here is why. The Three Amigos was her favorite movie and she would make me sing it to her (with actions) every night before bedtime. She would laugh and laugh, probably at me because I was such a dork. How I miss her. The Kenny G is on there too because her grandma would play his Christmas songs to get her to take a nap when she was at her house. Funny all the little reminders you have of loved ones.

I hope this holiday season brings everyone joy. We should all find something to be joyful about. We all have trials and problems, some are harder than others, but everyone has them. Try to find the joy in life and it will make you just a little bit happier.

My joy is still my family. I love to just sit and look at them. They bring much laughter and love to me. I want them to know how much I do love them and how much I'm glad they are mine.

Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I know I will
Love to all

6 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

I know it's a hard time for you girl! Just know I'm here if you need me! Just to talk or cry, or whatever... even though I'm NO help at all cause I usually cry more than you do! :) I can't wait to see you when you come down!

I hope you had a nice time getting your hair cut yesterday... I talked to Jacie for a little while yesterday... her voice is so sweet on the phone! I told her... no more getting sick and she said okay! too cute! :)

Love ya girl!

Jodi said...

I love this post. You are so awesome--except for making me cry reading this. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Oh, and we need to get together and plan our annual December lunch date.

Allison said...

Thank you for reminding us what this season is all about! LOVE!!! You are so rock solid in your faith. Thanks for the boost for the rest of us!

Unknown said...

You know I didn't even get through the fist paragraph without crying. I love seeing all those pictures. The picture of Allie and Tanner dancing is probably my favorite picture in the entire world.

I love you and your sweet family so much. You inspire me everyday.

cortney said...

this post makes me want to take more pictures of my children--i get so out of the habit.
those are such precious pictures--hope you feel peace along with the sadness this christmas.

K'Lyn said...

You amaze me. I still remember my Courtney giving her a sucker at the library and how she wanted her to play with her and have her come over, because she seemed so fun.

I love those pictures. Especially that picture of her in her fairy costume. Adorable.