Friday, September 18, 2009

Potato Harvest!






I can hardly believe it's that time of year again. Seems like they just planted the crops!

I was feeling quite nostlagic the other day and how I was glad to be an American and how I admire the American farmer.
I think they have a thankless job. There is a lot to farming that most people don't know about. I was very naive when I
married Kyle. I just thought farmers played in the dirt! I have come to learn about how much they need to know from marketing, finance, repairs, economics etc.... the technology is amazing (when you can afford it!) We have tractors that will steer by themselves. It is very fascinating at times and I think it is a little sexy that my husband knows how to do so many things!

So I thought it would be fun to showcase potato harvest. I know I don't take the greatest of pictures but I hope you'll get a little
glimpse of our life on the farm!

6 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

I think they are GREAT pictures! Miss you guys! :)

Cathy T said...

Holy potatoes! I have never seen anything like that before. Amazing! The boys thought it was cool!

Allison said...

And I thought potato harvest ment everyone in Grace gets two weeks off school so they can travel one last time before the weather turns cold! J/K The farmers are very busy getting their cellars full of those wonderful, fabulous Idaho Potatoes which I can't buy! Wish you could send me some!!

Allison said...

Oh, I was also going to mention, it's harvest around here also. Jon and I were driving on a back road on Saturday and came to a farm where they were harvesting Tulip Bulbs the same way potatoes are harvested. It made us very homesick!

Leticia said...

This makes me home sick!

Eric, Chelsea & Kids said...

Cute little spuds! (The kids I mean).