Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Bitter Sweet Day

Here it is. The little ugly blue high chair that has served our family faithfully for all these years
is going to the DI today.  I am happy to see it go as it will free up more space in the kitchen (and admit it, it's not the most attractive high chair ever made) but it saddens me that no other little Christensen babies will be sitting there ever again never to throw another plate off it when they
are done with their meal, never another heart attack when they decide to climb out of it and want to jump off it when your back is turned, and never again a baby to fall asleep headfirst into the
spaghetti.  Yes, makes me sad indeed that we are getting out of all the baby stages. (Karlie is the fifth and final child for us. We'd love more but I don't think can handle the emotional part of parenthood anymore.) So here is to the little blue high chair. May you find another home with lots of babies to hold and become a part of someone else's memories.  Thanks for ours.

1 comment:

Erica Shurter said...

That is sad girl, but at least you are moving on and can start on the new stages! Less to pack when going on trips, more that you are able to do! I know what you mean though, I still think I need a couple more kids! :)
Ps - just so you know, there is a button on the "post" part that you can add a pic to your writting. That way you don't have to add it to the side. :) I'll call you later!