Sunday, October 19, 2008

What a Fun Homecoming

  Our high school was celebrating Homecoming and were making it a big deal because it was 30 years of the Grizzly. (They started off being the Red Devils and then changed it in 1978). We were asked to put a float in the parade for the golf course so we put two in and Kyrie and a couple of her friends plus Tanner took one and Uncle Merrill and Aunt Blanche rode in the other one (Uncle Merrill is the oldest golfer at Central Links and loves to play even though he is in his 90s!)
Jacie dressed up as a little Grizzly and I wore a devil costume and we walked in the parade. (Sorry no pictures of those-we were trying to decorate and keep track of kids so in our haste we forgot to!)
At the football field there was a lot of stuff to do. Volleyball games, a couple of rock walls, a couple of big blow up toys, candy cannons, face painting. But the absolute coolest thing of all was the Apache helicopter, flown by Will G former Grace resident, that came. He flew over the parade a couple of times and then landed near the football field. They let people get right up to it and look around. He even let kids climb on it to take a picture.  They took off in the 3rd quarter and it was one of the coolest things I've seen. When the blades were first going the wind
wasn't bad but when they started to lift watch out!  Karlie was in her stroller and luckily Kyle was right by her because she started being blown away. It blew me back and did a number on my hair but it was so AWESOME! He flew around the football game and then took off for Salt Lake. I think in another life I could have been a helicopter pilot. What a fun night. We did have intentions of taking pictures but the battery went dead. Go figure!

4 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

So cool!!! I want to see pics!!!! Don't forget to post pics of your cakes!!! :)

Allison said...

Hello Becky!!! I saw the link to your blog on Jodi's. I'm so glad you started a blog! It's so much fun to see your cute little family. I also love the tribute to Allie. You are such an amazing person and have a great family!

Shena said...

I heard the homecoming was quite the event. You forgot to mention that we beat SODA!!!!! I wish the boys could have been there to see the Apache helicopter. They would have loved that!

Cami D. said...

How fun! Our homecomings were never that cool...just the fight with St. Johns, wait that was pretty cool. I'll never forget the A.D. hitting people with his stick! HA HA!~