Sunday, October 5, 2008

I am so new at this. Be patient with me while I get my bearings. This will be a simple blog until I can find the time to learn how to do it. Any advice would be appreciated!
So... Where are we in the life of the Christensen's?  We just finished our harvest. Yeah! (For those of you who don't know, we are potato farmers who also raise wheat and barley. Did I mention that we have a golf course too?) We get two weeks out of school for harvest. We are a smaller potato grower and so we finished ours in a week. I love it because we get the next week to vacation. We usually go to Arizona to sell potatoes but decided not to this year. Instead we went to Jackson Hole Wyoming and made the beautiful and scenic loop around to Idaho Falls.  It is so pretty this time of year and we even saw a moose. 
We had fun in Jackson. The highlight was getting an old time picture taken of our family. It turned out really cute and we even got Karlie to sit still long enough to take it! They have a Ripley's Believe It Or Not so we had to go there. My kids are into the strange and unusual. We had lots of good food, went swimming a lot and had a great time just being together.
The kids are getting so old! Kyrie is 10, Tanner is 8, Jacie is 3, and Karlie is 1. They are so fun and each one has such wonderful personalities that there is never a dull moment in our family. Karlie especially, we often wonder what planet she came from. She loves to get us laughing.
In case you are wondering, we are doing pretty good. Time is a healing force but the downside to time is that the more time goes by the less you remember them. I will never forget my sweet Allie, but it is the everyday things I can't remember as times goes by. Her voice, the way she smelled....You get the picture.  I miss her so much. I hope everyone enjoys the slideshow of her.


6 comments:

sheri rog said...

which becky is this? this is sheri nik...

sheri rog said...

oh...HEY! it's becky brewer! how are you? i'll read more...

Cami D. said...

Becky - it's good to read a small portion of your world! I look forward to "getting to know you again" through your blog! :) send me an email to camid@cox.net so I can add you to my blog!

Shena said...

great job! I'm so proud! Cade, Kelson and Analise were so excited to see pictures of you. Analise keeps asking to see Jacie and Baby Karlie. It's about the third time today!

signsbyjodi said...

Yeah! I have a new blog buddy. Hope you don't mind if I add you to my list. I think we were in Jackson the same weekend. Can't believe we didn't run in to you at the Ripley's museum. Sydney absolutely loved that place.

So glad you joined the blogging world. Talk to you soon.

Jodi said...

Didn't know I was logged in on my sign blog. Thought I would say hello again just in case you weren't sure who "signsbyjodi" was.