Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas

First of all on a sad note, my grandma Beverly died last night. It was such a surprise as she seemed fine when I saw her at Thanksgiving. I was really glad I was able to see her one last time though.  She was such a sweet lady.  She had a tradition of giving us a Christmas ornament every year. Sometimes we got tired of all the decorations as gifts (selfish brats I know) but now when I see them I will think of her.  Love ya grandma give Allie a big hug and kiss from me.

As it is Christmas Eve I just wanted to share my testimony of the sweet little babe born so long ago.  It is hard to believe sometimes that a sweet baby was sent to Joseph and Mary to become the Savior of the world.  What man would be so selfless that he would give his life for all mankind? 
I am so glad that he did.  It wasn't until Allie died that I fully appreciated his love and sacrifice for us, for me.  I believed in all that I heard but I didn't know and understand the huge significance of his gift. That is what it is, a gift.  I love him for dying for me so that I may repent of my sins and be able to receive the greatest gift, the gift of eternal life.  I am so happy to know that my family will be with me always. I will get to be with my sweet daughter again and raise her and hold her and kiss her.  Life does not end with death. It does go on and only through our savior, Jesus Christ is that possible. So thank you to that sweet little baby who grew to be such a great man and example.  I love you. 

Merry Christmas to all of my friends and family. I love you and am greatful for the support you've given me over these past couple of very hard years.  Have a wonderful Christmas

2 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Hey girl, I'm really sorry to hear about your Grandma. I'm also sorry I didn't get a hold of you on your birthday, but I was thinking about you! I know you were busy, cause you always are!!!! We were doing Christmas at my mom and dad's on your bday and we didn't get home until late.... you know how it goes! And now we are off to Colorado. I'll call you when I get home, if you're not in Florida yet! Love ya girl!

Allison said...

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! For sharing your testimony. I have tears in my eyes and a peaceful feeling in my heart.