Sunday, December 7, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree....



It's the most wonderful time of the year, except when its time to get a tree at the Christensen house.  What a dilema it turns out to be every year.  I grew up with the tradition of going out in the woods to pick out that perfect tree.  It was so much fun and we were all together. I wanted this same tradition carried on with my children but turns out that your husband has to have these same thoughts as well.
I think Kyle originated from the Grinch because every time I want to go out into the woods to find a tree he gets cranky and just says lets go buy one.
This year I was adamant about going into the forest.  We left to start our adventure (that is how I see it as) and Kyle goes we need gas and I don't have a saw.  Hello!  How exactly were you going to cut the thing down, with your grinch nails?  So after finding a saw and getting gas we set off.  
Here's Kyle:  "See one yet?"  Only I can't see them because he is going too fast to get a good look at them.  We stop at a grove of trees and I get out to go look (we are short on time because we have to get Karlie to a Dr appointment in 30 minutes.)  I have fun scouting the mountain, Kyle is freaking out because I've been gone for 10 minutes and time is running out. So I see this tree which looks pretty good so I call Kyle to come help me and he is complaining the whole way up there. We get the tree take it home and go to Karlie's appointment
Fast Forward to that night.  We decorate the tree and all I have to say that it is a Charlie Brown tree. It really looked better on the mountain.  All night we kept hearing decorations falling off because the branches just weren't strong enough.  So I throw up my hands and give in to the idea of a fake tree.  
We went to Logan and found a pretty tree, half off I must add. It looks good in the house and we compromised and said that we would cut down a tree to put downstairs for the kids to decorate. In the end everyone turns out happy and we have two beautiful trees to help get us in the Christmas spirit. 

3 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

Ah ha ha! You will look back on this and laugh one day girl!!! Too funny. Why do you think we went to a fake tree years ago. Danny is the exact same way!!!!

Shena said...

I'm all for the fake ones. The look full every year and you pay less in the long run. I suppose Christmas decorating is all for the women. My husband could care less too!

Allison said...

LOL!! I can totally picture Kyle acting that way. It totally cracks me up! I'm glad you stood your grounds even if it ended up being a Charlie Brown.