Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008






We went to Show Low for Thanksgiving this year. Yipee!  We had so much fun.  Fun starting when we got to Show Low. Can you call it fun driving for 13 hours with four children (one being a restless one year old) in a cramped truck that stinks of french fries and other smells that we won't mention? I think not.  Actually the ride wasn't that bad and it's fun to be together and find ways to entertain ourselves.
We mostly just hung out at the house and were lazy. That was great.  We played with our cousins Mylee, Strider, and Nash a few times and went to a movie and bowling with them.  They had a sleepover and stayed up way to late.  But they are fun to be around.  The girls played with Jarom's little girls Hannah, Emma, and Lindsey. They are the sweetest little girls who like to giggle!  Jacie had a lot of fun at their house.  I really need to be better at taking pictures!  Thanksgiving was fun because our whole family was there. Ryan and his family, Chelsea, Kara, and my family. It was great being together. The food was great too!  Love that prime rib and all the other goodies.  Who made the rolls though?  They sucked!  I just love being home.  I went for a long walk with Tanner through the woods and had a great time with him. I really miss trees and being able to walk for miles and see different things instead of the wide open spaces I see now.  I got to see a lot of my friends while I was down there. Of course I went with Becky and Erica out to dinner and shopping which is always a highlight. I love you girls. You are the best.  Danielle Yeager came by to say hi while we were eating. She looks good. My thoughts are with you and your family Danielle. I hope you will be able to smile and laugh again soon.  
This is way to long. I hate long entries but it was a fun week!  Love to my family- thanks for letting us come down!

3 comments:

Erica Shurter said...

We love you too girl! So fun! You know I stayed home just to see you!!! ha ha :)

Okay, Ryans youngest is a spiting image of your dad!

Eric, Chelsea & Kids said...

I miss you guys already!

slaughter said...

Hi Becky! Thanks! I hope your visit home was as good as mine !It is always great to spend time with family after being apart for so long! It was hard to be home for the funeral but spending the quality time with everyone was much needed!