Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday Tanner!



I saw a picture of this cake on someones blog that took a cake class from a famous cake decorator. I somehow got it in my head that I wanted to try to duplicate it. It was not as bad as I thought it would be. Kyle helped me make the structure for it out of pvc pipe. It took 8, 8in cakes to make the body and then I molded the head, legs, and tail out of modeling chocolate and then covered it in fondant. I thought it turned out pretty good considering I've never sculpted something of that magnitude. Tanner loved it and so did his friends so that is all that really mattered.

Funny story about the cake though: It was attacked by another dinosaur and suffered damage. Yep Karlie got to it. I went to take a shower and I really didn't have anywhere else to put it. It was too heavy to move too many times. When I got out Karlie was eating something that looked like a popsicle. I got closer and noticed she had pulled out the arm and was eating it. (The fondant does taste like marshmallow!) Well that wasn't the only causualty. I really tried to keep an eye on her the rest of the day but when I went to change the laundry I came back and saw that she had attacked the figure of Tanner and ate his legs right off! So the pictures only show his face and body. I just told Tanner the dinosaur ripped him in two!

2 comments:

Cathy T said...

You are amazing! You can come down and make Bridger's cake for me. He's party in on Saturday and making cakes always stresses me out! You are such a good mom! I hope and pray things will get better for you!

Erica Shurter said...

That is soooo awesome girl!!! Wow! You are super mom!

I'll call you later... I was giving you a break for the last couple of days... I got updates from Becky and she said Jacie is sick now too! We are praying for you! Love ya!